Thursday 16 May 2013

Sleep and the 21st Century Bedroom

Sounds a bit like a track from a Genesis track in the Gabriel era doesn't it?  But in fact it's the title of some research I would like to re-visit.

When I was training all those years ago, we were required to complete a research project of our choice.  I chose sleep in the current age as almost 100% of my clients had some problem with the amount of sleep they were getting and the quality.  By investigating further, it was possible to look at the reasons why so many more people struggle with their nocturnal sleep habits.

Nowadays, my clients tend to tell me about their sleep issues before I have even raised the issue, so it occurred to me that maybe it's a problem that is a/getting worse and b/more people are aware of it and want to do something about it.

Under the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) ethical framework, conducting research requires strict rules and regulation.  I have therefore started the research in a low-key way by setting up a poll on my Facebook page -  https://www.facebook.com/JohnSayerCounselling From there I will send out a questionnaire, on-line, to all those who email me at empowerment@btinternet.com  and state they wish to take part etc.  All replies will be totally confidential and the questions will be broad in their approach.

So, if you are interested, drop me a line at the above email address and I will collate all the names and you will receive an INDIVIDUAL response in due course (probably at the end of June). Your details will be kept totally confidential.  If you do email me, can you please put the word 'research' in the title/subject line.  If you haven't already, perhaps you could answer the Facebook poll and get as many of your friends to contribute as well.

I really hope you can take part and I look forward to sharing my findings with you in due course.

Kind regards

John

No comments:

Post a Comment